Wednesday, April 16, 2014

GET OFF MY BEACH

I didn't buy all this new beachfront land in New Mexico just so some jackass could come along and try to stop the tide from coming in and raising all boats and spoiling my retirement plans. I figure a couple more years of Global Warming and I'll be enjoying this view of my backyard. So, if you don't mind, please leave off messing with the tides in my name. After a miserable day like today, I plan to enjoy some global warming.


I never really liked Norfolk or the Tidewater Region anyway.

4 comments:

Buck said...

OK, so all The Swells believe in anthropomorphic "climate change." And they all yell about "doing something about it." I've yet to see specific proposals about WHAT to do, beyond incoherent babbling about "carbon taxes" and building more big-ass boondoggles like wind farms and huge solar-panel farms out in your desert (and mine, too!).

"Interesting times," indeed.

Anne Bonney said...

I'll bet Buck's place will soon be on beachfront.

HMS Defiant said...

The really funny thing is that they shout at and label people who question them, deniers. As you say, they never explain how they plan to unring the bell and bring the temperature all over the earth down. Course, they don't want to examine the waste heat generated by another 2 billion humans by 2050 and the impact that could have or the increase in the dreaded CO2. Nope. Not their thing at all.

HMS Defiant said...

It was always a standard joke for non-beachfront owners in San Diego that the earthquake would see them OK with a beach and everything so bring it on!