Saturday, April 19, 2014

SORROW AND REGRET

Sometimes, they sneak up on you when you don't expect it. Weighing infinities is fraught with peril for anybody who has shuttered and closed down the more painful vaults of memory. It is not so much the worlds of might have been that hurt, it is the lost worlds of never was and never will be.

I've found that music is a chord almost as evocative as a scent for bringing to the forefront the most remarkably clear memories of the past. I got both of them full bore today.

I spent the day thinking goodbye


but it is only au revoir.

4 comments:

Buck said...

It is not so much the worlds of might have been that hurt, it is the lost worlds of never was and never will be.

THAT is as true as it gets.

OldAFSarge said...

I want to comment, but there are no words.

We simply contemplate Eternity. And wonder...

HMS Defiant said...

You started it. I was OK until I read Brigid's. She has a way with words. Memory slipped its coils around me and I was lost.

HMS Defiant said...

It's the annual rite of spring. Nobody understands.
Your whole complete world got destroyed. You lost everything.
It's not an anniversary. It's a desolation.