Sunday, April 20, 2014

SAFETY IN PARODY

No, parody isn't a country. It also looks to be against some sort of law.  Warrants and searches and ferreting out secret identities, it all sounds like a war against Batman or Superman. What happened to civility? I'm not at all sure that I understand what law was violated here that warrants were no problem to get.  

I don't believe in parody. It's wickedly dangerous and corrupts the mind. This was funny though. Gleaned from Atlas of Prejudice via Objectivist1.

4 comments:

Buck said...

I like the map. I didn't like the stories at the links... at all.

HMS Defiant said...

No. I am put in mind a lot these days of my ancestor, the Constable, who joined his brothers in beating the absolute crap out of a lawyer outside the courthouse one day in 1922. Yes. I'm torn. I don't like that, however, it was a lawyer so that's OK.

virgil xenophon said...

Circa 2003 I saw a map of the Middle East much like that (scary muslims, REALLY scary muslims, pissed off muslims, tame muslims, etc., that was LOL funny in the New Orleans weekly mag "Gambit." I clipped and saved it but t'was lost in Katrina and Gambits archives were also w. no back ups, and I haven't been able to find it on the net. More's the shame...it was THAT funny.

HMS Defiant said...

I'll rummage around Russia for a copy. I remembered a great Broadside cartoon that I'd clipped ages ago and lost in a move. Finally asked the author if he would send me a copy. He did about a week later. With the digital age I don't think anything written is lost. I wonder sometimes how many collectors are sitting on the complete works of Aristophanes. If fragments made it from 2200 years ago, why not complete works? Other than fires, floods, vandals, what could happen? :)