Neither CBS nor ABC have included a (sic) skeptical scientists in their news shows within the past 1,300 days, but both networks included alarmists within the past 160 days -- CBS as recently as 22 days ago. When the networks did include other viewpoints, the experts were dismissed as "out of the scientific mainstream" or backed by "oil and coal companies."
There are a lot of very bright people out there, just none in the news business. I think I know why but it's hard to accept that the adults let ignorant kids take over a medium and use it to preach their bias and ignorance 24/7 without any of them having to take a test or demonstrate even the slightest level of professional knowledge or faintest ethical standards.
Let us contrast the State requirements for cutting hair and State requirements for journalists. Here are California's mandated minimum requirements. There are no requirements to be a journalist.
- COSMETOLOGIST LICENSE: 1600 Hours / 3200 Apprenticeship
- BARBER LICENSE: 1500 Hours / 3200 Apprenticeship
- NAIL TECHNICIAN LICENSE: 400 Hours
- ESTHETICIAN LICENSE: 600 hours
- ELECTROLOGIST LICENSE: 600 Hours / 3200 Hours Apprenticeship
- MASSAGE THERAPIST LICENSE: 250 Hours Practitioner, 500 Hours Therapist
Post a Comment