Sunday, March 23, 2014

THE PASSING STILLNESS OF TIME

I was tunneling under the grotto of Demeter the other day when I came across a really fascinating thought piece that I hadn't thought of in quite some time. It was from this place.
8. Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone than she did to the building of the Great Pyramid.
Think of it! Two thousand five hundred years passed between the construction of the  Great Pyramid of Cheops and the reign of Cleopatra III.













 
 It was once a fascinating place filled with artists, scientists, rulers and slaves.

4 comments:

Buck said...

Two thousand five hundred years passed between the construction of the Great Pyramid of Cheops and the reign of Cleopatra III.

I don't think we... the USA... are gonna rival the ancient Egyptian dynasties in the longevity sweepstakes. Nice links; I especially liked the 77 facts one.

virgil xenophon said...

Amazing factoid about Cleopatra--puts it all in perspective..

HMS Defiant said...

Yep, I don't see anything that will survive another 1000 years of this.
I also liked the one about the two dinosaurs. Who knew?

HMS Defiant said...

Things seemed to move so much faster in the West during and after the Renaissance. Egypt appears timeless and ageless.