Saturday, March 9, 2019

MEMORIES

I just downloaded a copy. The first time I bought the actual book it was in Newport back in 1974. I bought the next one in San Diego about 20 years later. I have this little problem keeping hard copy books so I just found it online.

Jackie Fisher was one of my favorites out of history. He was about the last man I know of who was table mates and comrades with a King. He clearly liked the man.


And now, perforce, we shall have to go on to Peshawar Lancers. Somebody has to.

4 comments:

HMS Defiant said...

I wish I knew what happened to your comment. Those were both wonderful books.

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

Where did you find it, Gutenberg?

HMS Defiant said...

No I bought the actual book with that cover in Newport. I just checked my electronic library and it was there but I can't find it online.

HMS Defiant said...

I can probably send you an electronic version if you like. Let me know.