Thursday, January 30, 2014

CARPE THE DAMN DIEM JOE!

It gladdens my heart and cheers my soul that I never watch TV anymore but I got to wondering just a bit ago how the "DRAFT JOE FOR PRESIDENT" committee is doing on releasing their candidate into the wild to campaign on his own for national office. I checked the deep internets and the surface ductnets and even probed the starless outer darknets for news of his Campaign to Elect Joe President but it was all in vain.

I found this pathetic dribble right off: “In my heart, I’m confident I could make a good president,” said Biden on Wednesday. Biden was cagey when asked about whether he will run in the 2016 election. “I haven’t made a decision to run. I haven’t made a decision not to run.” Biden said he and wife Jill are too dimwitted and slow to make up their own minds. “Jill and I will make that decision later down the road… If I don’t run for president we’ll all be OK.” Pull the trigger Joe! Commit!

You know the funny bit right? The lick-spittle members of the Democratic National Campaign to Elect Hillary President, er, press, then stupidly asked the dimwit for his deeply cogent and insightful thoughts on the middle east, military strategy in Afghanistan, and the importance of leaning into the solar wind in order to shift the earth's orbit a little further out so man-made global warming won't kill us all.

I miss the last Vice President. Even though he knew how to pull a trigger, and shoot responsibly*, we all knew that he was never Presidential timber and would not run as the Republican nominee. His heart wasn't in it.

SALSAL (See a Lawyer Shoot a Lawyer)

6 comments:

Anne Bonney said...

Oops, I thought you meant Joe the Plumber.

Buck said...

His heart wasn't in it.

I see what you did there.

In re: Uncle Joe. One part of me sez "YES! Run, Joe! I hope you get the nomination!" And then the other part of me sez, quietly... "They voted for Obama, you know." I'm SO conflicted.

HMS Defiant said...

Aacchhh, you know there's never a plumber around when you need one. I think that Joe is probably locked up in a Los Angeles jail with that Egyptian film maker who was responsible for the assault on our consulate in Benghazi.

HMS Defiant said...

Me too! I wouldn't mind if a smart, sincere, unsmarmy, honest, ethical, ruthless Democrat SOB ran for the job but there aren't any. Wouldn't it be a hoot though if Feinstein decided to throw her bonnet in the ring? She has a track record almost as good as whatshername from Alaska.

Buck said...

Feinstein might could be a helluva candidate. Hillary would kill her, though.

HMS Defiant said...

Oh yeah, and she knows that. Hillary's opponents all had a nasty habit. I'd have thought it trumped Obama's opponents nasty habit of getting court records unsealed against themselves but in his case, Hillary's mojo didn't work....yet.