Thursday, January 30, 2014

GUN SAFETY INSTRUCTION THEN AND NOW

This delightful link takes you to a 1956 LIFE pictorial on teaching school children how to handle weapons safely.


You can see how the police teach gun safety in schools today in this clip. Listen to what the police officer says just before he shoots himself.


Personally, I prefer the cop in 1956. At least he knows when the gun is loaded and unloaded and when he pulls the trigger he knows a round will come out and hit whatever the gun is pointed at.

2 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

It's nice to see pictures of the US before we got all "wussified".

Betcha the cop firing the 30-30 is a vet too. He looks the part.

HMS Defiant said...

It's sad that guns are demonized by the ignorant. They were a mystery to me until my dad took me shooting when I was not quite 5. We have a lot of vets again. I'm glad to have them.