Tuesday, June 25, 2024

STUPID AND PATHETIC

 The Air Force Colonel in charge of the Osan Air Base has decreed that airpersons at that place can wear an enormous gay pride patch on their uniforms to celebrate their achievement. How remarkable is that? Osan is where I bought my copy of a banned patch we hid from our superiors as every serving officer was left twisting in the wind by every single admiral in a shameless and futile effort to save themselves from a fate almost as awful as a paper cut. Our patch, handily made and marketed by the merchants of Osan just days after the witch-hunts started and the Witchfinders General were turned loose on all of us looked something like this:


The significance of the patch was captured by the lowest words on the patch. Guys like me weren’t invited to the party and weren’t welcome. Nevertheless, we were forced to jump through hoops to prove we weren’t even in the State of Nevada much less Las Vegas.

4 comments:

oldvet1950 said...

I spent 13 months at Osan and I am so glad I am not part of today's military. I cannot fathom why any of the normal personnel would put up with this perversion as something to be proud of! A DD for fighting against it would ironically be honorable.

tsquared said...

I have a patch similar to that. I picked it up in Landstuhl Germany.

Thomas said...

I remember that. Still have a copy of the letter in my service record that I was compelled to sign that for the record stated I wasn't there. (Every O in the whole Navy had to sign one, I think). At the time it chapped my ass that we were specifically not allowed to have a lawyer before signing the letter under penalty of perjury, not that I needed one but that guys who got caught selling crack got a lawyer but not us. That wasn't the reason I got out in '95 but it sure showed how much loyalty downward there was. Seeing slick willie not just get away with perjuty but get helped to get away by every liberal chapped me some more.
Tom from East Tennessee

Dave said...

Did anyone at Osan ask for a written order from the commander that they must wear the homosexual appreciation patch on their uniforms?

The shift in Air Force leadership was obvious in the 80s and 90s and very quickly, commanders and others with rank would order individuals to violate standing orders and regulations. In the 70s, if a commander ordered you to violate standing orders or regulations, the commander would pencil out a written order for you and sign it. By the 80s the commanders and others wouldn't back up their orders with a written, signed piece of paper.