Sunday, June 16, 2024

PACKING FOR SPACE

 There is a delightful book by Mary Roach that springs to mind sometimes when I hear NASA or Boeing Space talk about anything at all. It is:

 

I wonder if the two ancient astronauts who blasted off last week from Cape Canaveral thought about it when they packed for their week long mission in space. That mission has now been pushed another week to the right by circumstances, yes, circumstances and that leads me to wonder about space laundry facilities and just how much do you pack when NASA tells you to pack for a week in space especially when you can confidently predict, based on recent experience, a certain number of weeks of 'delays'.

When did astronauting become an old people game for retirees?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to read that one. I like Roach's work. Yes, it's pop science; if it leads to me want to know more about something, I'll research further, but I think her books are good light reading, that may point to things one may not have thought about.
--Tennessee Budd