Friday, April 19, 2019

THE BATTLE OF LEXINGTON 19 APRIL 1775

By chance today I ran across an email my father sent me many years ago. It contained the genealogy of the family and one of the characters we remember, and many of them were characters, is Jedidiah Munroe who fought in the Battle of Lexington, 'he was wounded in the morning and killed in the afternoon.' Long before the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the colonies were in revolt.

I think it's pretty cool that those other characters (the modern ones) re-enact that first battle of the Revolution. I had a picture from that website but as I added it I saw a very clear mark that said, "buy this photograph" and I had not.

Still and all, an interesting trip to long ago courtesy of a rainy day we had planned to spend in a marsh south of Toledo but you know, who wants to be in a marsh, south of Toledo, in a cold rain?

No comments: