Wednesday, February 14, 2018

BABY BOLOS

I ran across these after reading Glenn Reynold's piece in USA Today. Read the two links as food for thought. I always laughed when people came to me in Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command and talked about building and deploying autonomous weapon systems. There are a few insurmountable problems inherent in the design. Besides, with jihadis on the loose, any car or backpack gets weaponized and now they are playing with weaponized RC aircraft. To quote Glenn, all is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Baby Bolos. We had one of these at my school in Fort Bliss long ago

3 comments:

John in Philly said...

I apologize for being unusually dense. It took two readings of this post for the Keith Laumer light to turn on.

HMS Defiant said...

I think Night of the Trolls was the first Laumer story I ever read. Over the last 40 years or so I've read them all. I think most people skip over the links for some reason. I'm thinking about making every other link a nice picture.

John in Philly said...

You are correct, I reread the post, the Laumer light turned on and then I clicked on the link.
I think I started with a Retief story.