That said, we left with the world in flames and we return with the the idiotic parts of the world in flames. What's going on in the Blue strongholds in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, DC and the other stupid cities must be having the same affect on most people as root canal without anesthesia. I still catch the odd moment of our foe trying to blame it all on Trump but surely people are not that stupid. Are they? People can see that the policies the democrats advocate and put in place in those places seem to have energized a beast of great hatred to go after all authority and the past without remorse.
At any rate, so long as he refrains from raising his hand against the arsonists, rioters, shooters and killers running amok in those crappy hellholes he will almost certainly win because anybody with a brain can see who is behind the violence and anarchy and it sure as hell isn't him or the rethuglicans.
A certain amount of truth is now moving to the forefront and it may prove illuminating:
- The Navy has a couple of problems that it cannot resolve in the current context of things. It totally screwed the pooch when it killed officer training in the surface warfare community and left it to the older guys on each ship to give some instruction and teach leadership. Now they have some really ignorant officers and very very few actual leaders.
They compounded that mistake by deciding and acting as if sailor quality of life was the be all-end all of life in the Navy. I and my peers stood 3 or 4, sometimes 5 section duty inport throughout the Cold War and it wasn't because the powers that be liked us to stay on the ship to save money. Nope. We were there for several purposes outside the normal scope of folks knowledge. First, we were the Duty Section and were trained to fall in on a Repair Locker and grab the gear necessary to fight any kind of fire, stop any kind of leak and keep the ship afloat and unburned. In addition to that, we also kept the ship safe from intentional kinds of harm. Nuclear capable ships had to have a full Security Alert Team and Back Up Alert Force to keep some things safe at any cost. Those guys were in addition to the repair party since you could not do both jobs at the same time with the same people. Finally, it gave younger sailors their best chance to complete their Professional on hands training to learn enough to pass the tests to advance in rate and to satisfy the other requirements that demanded. I think they scrapped all that stuff decades ago. It shows. They decided they could go into 10 duty sections and just man a single hose to fight fires with untrained sailors most of whom are probably not qualified.r
- At some point people are going to wake up and wonder just where all these trillions and trillions of dollars are coming from that are flying out of the Congress and the Fed and the answer isn't pretty. They're just making it up and all those who are worried about their grandkids having to pay the debts being racked up today and yesterday don't have to worry. It is impossible to ever repay that debt even as it stands now, never mind as it grows again by 2 and 3 trillion $ deficits every year from now on, more if people elect Democrats.
- People are seriously trying to convince you that we need to prep for War with China. All you have to do in that regard is ask a simple question nobody ever seems to ask: How do we win a war with China? We can't win one in Afghanistan or anyplace else we've fought since 1945 and the last one we did win took nuclear weapons. We really don't want a war with China. There is no conceivable way to win one or break even.
- The virus has revealed the cracks in the education system from top to bottom. Why are people going into debt to the tune of hundreds of thousands of $ for a meaningless degree in 'studies'? Why do students have to appear in corpus to receive instruction when it is now made clear that they can get it online or simply read it out of books and have tutors assist with the tricky bits? As I understand it the old school was the first 3 years were teaching the kids to read and after that they taught themselves most subjects and I'm pretty sure computer courses could teach every level of math just fine. Do you really have to dissect a frog, yourself? Do they still do that?
- The K-12 are a failing enterprise for about 50% of the inmates. They never learned to read. They're of little use in modern society in America. If we need unskilled labor that works hard all the hours of the day we hire Mexicans. They work their asses off. What do we do with young adults that can't read, don't know anything and won't work?
- Still, that's nothing compared to the colleges and universities. At one time they were the rendezvous for young adults with the shared goal of learning and then moving on. That ended in the 60's and it is now so rare as to be very hard to find. Oh sure you say, the schools are stuffed with
- The Savage War of Peace we are engaged in right now with China is having an impact on the schools too. Most of the students actually paying the full tuition come from China and the President and Chinese actions have brought that to an end for now. Trump won't relent because why should he? We don't have any of our students in Chinese universities hoovering up all the red hot Chinese technology so we don't lose by curtailing their ability to send their students here to hoover up our technology. It's a great pity that we have very few young people interested in the hard sciences to take their place but that will change when,
- We finally have a President who ends the abomination of the suicide visa option that lets Silicon Valley firms hire Indians and other lesser lights to come to America to take the jobs away from the American doing them and pay the new guys half the going rate for the same job. I think there would be more interest in the jobs if people sensed that they would have a job when they graduate after a hard slog getting a BS or MS in the hard sciences.
We've got cities here full of people who have realized that they have no meaningful future in this country as it exists now and think the only thing they can do is use violence to change it into something they think would improve their outcomes.
Did anybody think that some jackass would try to kick off a race war in the 21st century here in America? This place looks more surreal every day.