Monday, December 30, 2019

THE TWENTIES, CLOSER THAN YOU THINK

I like this picture of young rebellion. I vastly prefer them to the current crop of rebellious youth.


I was also reminded that we are coming up on the 20th anniversary of one of the nation's most forgettable wars, The Y2K war came to a resounding fliffle on 1 January 2001. We at SPAWAR struggled mightily in your defense for almost a year to ensure that come January first there would be no news of note other than holiday celebrations that went bad. It wasn't a big problem for me since my program was purely the Inshore Boats of the USN and their only connections with the rest of the world were thoroughly covered by the serried ranks of the GPS boffins and the radios were also the purview of legions of carers who made sure that the radio spectrum would continue unabated as the new decade, century and millennium crashed over us. It goes without saying, we won.

2 comments:

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

Both my Gramma Olson, and my Gramma Lind were flappers!

capt fast said...

OH! I so ready for this year. a sea change is in the offing for lower level government. Here in CO, a few new democrat laws are now on line. red flag, minimum wages, oh my. most of the restaurants in my neighborhood have closed, from Village Inns to Ruby Tuesdays, fast food shops still open. My neighbors who voted for their democrat politicians are all so very proud of what they have done. Of course, their children are ignorant of history and civics, math, geography, can't change a flat tire but take the good with the bad.