Wednesday, December 9, 2020

THE FASCINATING AFTERMATH OF THE ATTACK

There are actually 3 videos of the salvage operations to recover the battleships in Pearl Harbor but I'll only embed one. It will take you to the rest and if you have the time they are absolutely riveting. I last ran across something like this when it was in book form in a huge used book store in San Diego. The books were shelved together and discussed the salvage in Pearl Harbor, work in Ulithi and the mine clearance and salvage of all the wrecks in the Suez Canal after the varioius wars.


Sometimes I wish I'd bought them but all things considered they would have been left behind with the other thousand books so it really doesn't matter that I let them slide through my fingers.

1 comment:

John in Philly said...

I recently reread Commander Ellsberg's book, "Under The Red Sea Sun" and I will also reccomend his book about salvaging the S-51.
I'd watched the Pearl Harbor Salvage videos, and as you said, they are a great watch.