Wednesday, May 30, 2018

EXODUS

I read it when I was 9. It was a blue paperback book that sat atop the Encylopedia Britannica. It shaped my worldview for good or ill. It imparted a lasting impression of Israelis. My kind of people. I suspect they'd get up my nose if I lived there. The people who I consider my kind of people seldom try to get themselves elected and never end up running things. They leave that to assholes.

I watched Ariel Sharon slip out of life. I considered it a great loss. He gave Gaza away and clearly had a plan but died in that ambulance.

The current head of Isreal has a plan. It will be interesting to see what it brings. I don't put any expectation in the arabs and seeing that Abbas just died. Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. They're famous that way.

No comments: