Thursday, February 23, 2023

PUZZLED TOWNS AND VETERANS

 Townsmen and veterans are searching for historic cannons that had been resting on town squares and local VFW posts all over Ohio and Pennsylvania for decades. They all apparently disappeared overnight shortly after the train derailment in East Palestine. One local reportedly found his VFW Post's missing howitzer in Ukraine. "Who knew," he wondered "that the US army still had artillery rounds for that old thing?" "Sheeesh", he said,  "we’ve been shooting cement plugs out of it every 4th of July for decades!"


 Surprisingly, 8 inch naval cannon and even freshly tarted up and painted M60 tanks have been reported missing. The FBI is looking into the matter.

5 comments:

Michael said...

A Joke, perhaps?

HMS Defiant said...

when, consider that the fbi has been roped into it, so, yes.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! We can all relax--the Feebs are on the case! I'm sure Cringe Nonpareil will soon have the pResident's comments on this matter. We're in good hands.
--Tennessee Budd

HMS Defiant said...

I actually liked this one as one of my better efforts at joke. I think I'm getting too old, as if that was some kind of real problem....though it can be and I'm not doing it. Live forever or die trying has lost some of the tarnish over the years. Spider Robinson is one hell of a good writer though.

Noneedtobemean said...

I thought I was the only one to read Spider Robinson.