Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GOING BACK VS GOING AGAIN

I was looking for some illustrations for a possible return engagement with the far east. I was struck by how one really can never go back. I find that I much prefer to remember some places as they were when I was last there and really don't have any desire to go again. That's just a tiny handful of places that I would prefer to remain in memory as I remember them. There's still lots of places I'll happily go back to, and new places to visit.

3 comments:

Anne Bonney said...

You know, kid, we'll always have Par . . . oh, never mind.

Buck said...

Your thought is so very true... I've gone to may places a second, third, or even fourth time but I've never gone back.

HMS Defiant said...

I used to take time and detour to see some of the places of my past but it holds less and less appeal. I will go back to visit some places though and look forward to them.