Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A LITTLE YOUNG

My parents weren't big on counseling children. They preferred to set an example. I can't fault them. They did a good job. I'm looking 55 in the face with an 11 year old daughter. She's almost 12. I didn't see that coming when I was in my 20's or 30's. Not at all.

My parents never sat me down for any kind of talks that I recall. I think they expected what they were to rub off on me and my siblings. I think it did. For the first 6 years she was raised independent and happily showed off her own accomplishments. She remained true to that for as long as I've known her.

When one thinks about it, a child is a missile sent into the future and one has just the formative years before they leave home at 16 to shape them as we would want them to grow.

2 comments:

virgil xenophon said...

In the Air Force we call the missile guidance bit the INS--the Inertial Guidance System--applies to kids as well as missiles....got to know where you are before you can know where you are going..

HMS Defiant said...

You know in the Navy, we use SINS right? :)