Tuesday, August 1, 2023

THE MUSIC HAS RETURNED

 I somehow got rid of the ringing in my ears and managed to sit and read to my CD. It was very nice and quiet. I enjoyed it immensely. It took some time for me to realize that I only own one CD of music. One of the nicest things about the net of things is that I have been reaching into it over the last decade/century/millennium and calling up the music I want to listen to. I'm not a purist and I listen to it as background while I'm reading or writing and the last time I bought anything that played music was back in 1984 when I got back from my first year in the Persian Gulf.

But still, 1 whole CD that I bought online about 2 months ago? That's ridiculous. Of course all the old CDs went away with the stereo and everything else I owned a long time ago. I just failed to notice.

I wrote earlier about no frigate like a book to take you to lands far away. I have the mightiest navy of books and the music is, after all, incidental.

No comments: