Saturday, April 29, 2023

IT'S THEIR MUSIC

 I understand that teen suicides are way up in recent years and almost a third of all teen girls say they've thought very deeply about suicide. I listen to the college radio station in the morning and the afternoon and I think I know why this is so. It's the horrible soul destroying terrible awful music that they listen to. It is all nothing but an endless dirge. On the way in to school today I listened to Modern English, I'll Stop the World and the difference between the music from the 80s and what passes for music today is enormous.

Have a good weekend out there.

4 comments:

FeralFerret said...

That's why I listen to music from the 40s through the 90s. I also listen to both current and older New Age since it is relaxing for the most part.

I like a wide variety of music, pretty much most genres except rap and thrash metal. I'm not real fond of most of the newer country either.

A lot of this newer crap is enough to make you want to off yourself. It is highly negative and pushes hate. Just like a lot of liberals.

I wonder f that's a coincidence? /s

Anonymous said...

You're right again. If you see someone with a semicolon tattoo on their inner wrist, you should make it a point to ask them if they're going to try again any time soon, and if so, do they think they'll be successfull this time.

Personally, I blame auto-tune for turning most recent music into odd-sounding shit.

favill said...

Nothing like an 80's power ballad, listening to Bryan Adams reminisce about the Summer of '69, and tapping your feet to Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone--pretending you're Maverick flying your F14 to glory and writing checks your body can't cash.

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

Badgers are very fond of Big Band music.