Saturday, April 9, 2022

POWERED BY MUSIC

I really enjoy this piece. Some of you may have noticed that I repost it from time to time. I also enjoy the movie. It might be time to watch it again. The HMS Surprise in the movie was the HMS Rose, known to me from my days in Newport. It had a difficult passage through the Gulf of Mexico on its way to the movie shooting in California and had to have new steel masts installed at NASCO. I still had all the authority of a CHENG and motored in to the Yard one day, drove up to the ship in dry dock and found one of my former Chiefs was now a welder there and we took the cook's tour of the ship in drydock. When I say cook's tour it was kind of like when my former DCA gave me the cook's tour of the Missouri when it pulled in to Coronado. Yep, we went everywhere, up the masts, down the shaft alleys, an amazing thing a warship I hadn't expected. Honestly, what kind of warship has an ATM?

No comments: