Thursday, March 25, 2021

SOMEONE NEW TO THE BLOGROLL

I only read a couple of articles there but it fits into my world view. Welcome aboard, My Planet My Rules

You can see why.
A COVID Conversation I'd Like To Have...

Karen: Have you gotten your COVID shot yet?
Me: No, but I identify as a vaccinated person.
Karen: What does that mean?
Me: It means I am a vaccinated person trapped inside an unvaccinated body.
Karen: That doesn't make sense!
Me: Don't you deny my truth! That's oppression! This space is supposed to be free of vaccine-ism.
Karen: But that's crazy...There's no such thing as vaccine-ism.
Me: Yes there is. That attitude of yours is a manifestation of Vaccine Supremacy, in fact.
Karen: What do you mean?
Me: Please stop calling me "You". Please use my preferred pronoun.
Karen: What's that?
Me: I prefer to be called "Vaccinaro" or "Vaccinari". Unless I'm also identifying as female that day, in which case the acceptable pronouns are "Vaccinara" and "Vaccinaria". You are also required, because "safety" and "diversity", to suspend your version of objective reality to accept my subjective version. Otherwise, you're my enemy.
Karen: Those aren't even real words! How can I ignore reality?
Me: Where do you work?
Karen: Why do you want to know?
Me: Because you're not validating my lived experience and refusing to use my stated, preferred pronouns. This gives me the right to call your boss and have you fired, and if I can get three people on Twitter to agree with me that's the beginning of a lawsuit. I'll ruin you, you Science Denier!
Karen: What Science?
Me: The Science that says I can be a Vaccinaro trapped inside a Non-Vaccinaro body. We Vaccinaro are a hated and oppressed minority, having to share the world with you filthy, elitist, colonialist Vaccinated. If I get 10 more likes on my Instagram and enough Chinese grant money the medical profession will put a page in the DSM-V just for us and the government will have to give us all sorts of benefits you oppressive Vaccinated can't have because Equity.
Karen: That has nothing to do with Science. Or Vaccinations.
Read the whole thing.

2 comments:

CDR GOAT said...

yes that conversation needs to happen with many people

Matthew Noto said...

Really appreciate the mention.

I will be adding you to my blogroll, as well.

Thanks!