Friday, March 5, 2021

LOST MY TICKET TO RIDE THE COVID TRAIN

I got a kick out of the things that make these times so especially good for people who like to carry things to verbal extremes. Here's a sample.
Forget COVID-19, Reuters has discovered an even more malevolent strain in “the Amazon jungle city of Manaus,” wherever that is.

Oh my God, it’s horrible, this Amazon jungle city variant:

“Highly transmissible … unique constellation of mutations … 1.4 to 2.2 times more transmissible than the initial form … new mutated form … evade immunity … reduced protection … .”

In other words, the brand-new Amazon jungle city variant is deadlier than acid rain, paraquat, Alar, mad cow disease, avian bird flu, cyclamates, PCBs, second-hand smoke, bacon, saccharin, aerosol spray, nuclear power, killer bees, cranberries, red dye #4, Y2K and net neutrality — combined!

Remember the 15 days to flatten the curve? That was a year ago. And there is no end in sight.

We actually hopped off the train about 11 months ago. We plan to watch the hysteria with declining amusement. As I listen to the vaccine rollout in places like Kansas and Europe I am struck by just how easy and painful it is to put government in charge of distribution of anything. If the government was responsible for rolling out electricity 80% of the country would still be living in the dark without hot water, power or light.

1 comment:

commoncents said...

Give me a "C" - Give me a "O" Give me a "A". . . Mexico making major investment in RETURNING to Coal

https://commoncts.blogspot.com/2021/03/give-me-c-give-me-o-give-me-a-mexico.html