Wednesday, September 4, 2019

ENROUTE

We did a good deal of driving in the last week (she did) but I was struck by the signs people put up alongside the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-76. One of the hand painted signs in the middle of a field, of which there are many simply said, J33.3. I asked Pam what it was and of course she knew. I tried so many times to read that thing and never could. She held out the bible in the hotel room and showed me, all of this is old testament and this little thing that remains is new testament. All of it a continuing mystery to me.

Still, I expect that many people fail to understand a little thing about America. There are vast distances between huge cities. Enormous distances where people like me live. We don't make much noise most of the time, we rustle like the leaves when we do. I read in the news that President Trump would be easily defeated by twigs, bark and barley in the 2020 election, but I don't think so.

I think there is a reason that politics starts in Iowa. I wouldn't go there except to get through it. OTGH, by the time the election season rolled out to me in California I had just one choice since Iowa et al had eliminated everyone but McCain and I could not vote for that scumbag even if someone held a gun to my head...and Romney? Srsly!!!!

Here is the new Party. Absolutely anybody who never held public office is my candidate.

8 comments:

juvat said...

Time to resurrect my voting rubric
1) No democrat
2) No Incumbent
3) No unopposed

HMS Defiant said...

Word!

Anne Bonney said...

to Juvat - how do you handle the candidates running unopposed - write-in?

OldAFSarge said...

I like this new party, seems to match juvat's VR.

Anne - I have done the write in thing when none of the candidates on the ballot was worth spit. I know, it's spitting into the wind but at least I get to keep my pride.

Anne Bonney said...

Me,too.

HMS Defiant said...

I write Anne Bonney in. Personally, I like a pirate queen.

HMS Defiant said...

You may join the wise and have a beer.

HMS Defiant said...

I write Anne's name in because.