I captured this screen shot at smoothieX12 youtube. It is the sign I've been waiting for. The pirate submarines of yore will be making their return and won't that be exciting?
Honestly, actions have consequences.
The best bit is that none of the countries involved in pirating Russian shipping and Russian oil have the technical and military means to secure their own shipping. The idiots that thought they could pirate Russian shipping were acting all along as if they were doing nothing more than they did when we used to seize shipping containing Iraqi oil during the long sanctions enforcement operations after Desert Storm. Iraq had zero capability to retaliate and did not. Who in the Pentagon and State Department thought that Vladimir Putin and Russia would simply ignore these avalanches of contempt?
It also looks like President Putin has decided to take out Ukraine in the only way left. The reduction and destruction of all of Ukraine's industrial, military, transportation and civilian infrastructure has begun. Ukraine looks like a big country but nodes connecting a place that large are critical, indefensible and very limited in number. The world is going to get another look at what Russian implacability looks like.
I wonder, how many of the weapons they are going to use in this destruction are built in the factories that Russians jacked up in Germany and then transported to Russia as partial reparations for World War II in accordance with the Potsdam agreements for the destruction of industrial Germany after the war.

1 comment:
I continue to ask?
Just how many times will the bear allow himself to be poked before retaliating?
Western Europe (i.e. Brussels) continues - with our assistance; the (worldwide) media have convinced hoi polloi that Vladimir Vladimirovich is the big bad wolf (uh, bear). I'm beginning to think he's approaching his limit.
Post a Comment