Friday, February 5, 2021

A WALK IN THE SUNSHINE

Here it is the depth of winter and when I was asked if I wanted to go out into the bright light of a snow swept day my answer was immediate and positive. I had thought about calling my brother in California but I'm sure he'd tell me it dropped into the upper 50's and he and the family were sheltering at home in Albany. I decided that the best bowl of amazing French Onion Soup plus a 3 meat pizza 20 miles away in Berea was the way to go. Off we went. It went as well as it always does, except that one time..... they were holding a private party and we were forced to eat Thai next door, dammit.

The TV was on for what value that adds I no longer know. It might have been a BB roundup or pure all commercials all the time. I'm sure we both felt that every time we looked over it was some dumb ass commercial. Hey! Rozzers! I couldn't tell you the name/type/brand of a single product you paid millions to advertise. Buy some smart advertising and mix it up a little why don't you?

The drive home was an advert for knowingly getting a little lost. One simply doesn't care anymore, given a full tank of gas, limited mileage before running into a lake or Michigan,(God help you) or PA, and again, (God help you). One way or another we'll find our way to the major lake lying to our north and we can always get home from there. It doesn't much hurt that all the rivers, streams, brooks, creeks, burns, etc flow north leading one inevitably to the metroparkcentralis and barring your arrival in the places you really will survive better never going to, your finding your way home is assured, provided you live roughly where we do.

The Congress tossed a woman marginally less offensive than Maxine Waters or most of the black Congressmen, some of whom are unaware that Pacific islands don't flip over when overloaded with Marines. They decided she was too #%@ something for the job. Mind you, they didn't find her too stupid for the job, just not their loyal focused minion. Poor bitch will now be stripsearched every time she tries to appear on the floor to check her for nail bombs, plastique or EFP. My advice? Check the shoes.

I use 'focus' from time to time. It's in a book I think worth the reading. Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge. It tends to make clear the next step expected of us by the progressive thieves.

2 comments:

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

The Left's hatred of anyone not of their hive mind, and been enabled by their election " victory ". This will be a four year nightmare.
Was the pizza tasty yummy good?

HMS Defiant said...

oh yes. The French Onion Soup is awesome but the pizza is take home mouthwatering.