Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A VISIT TO METROPARK CENTRALIS DMV

To be honest, in Ohio they refer to the people that register cars and license drivers as a bureau, so strictly speaking, it is not a visit to the DMV. That said, the fine folks at my local branch of the DMV had themselves an illuminated sign in their place of business that every person standing in line had the opportunity to read several dozen times while waiting for a turn to talk with a real person of the DMV.

I was there for a simple $7.00 transaction that I had deliberately engineered and was happy to spend 3 whole minutes waiting in line for my turn. It came soon enough and the place was nothing like the disaster scene that was my last visit to the DMV in Hillcrest, San Diego, CA 6 years ago when there were 300 people waiting inside and another 800 waiting in the parking lot outside for their turn at being 'atttended to' by employees of the DMV. This was way better.

As to the sign I read there today, this is what it said: In Ohio,

It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday

I don't know if this is so but it is repeated at this site. There are some other strange Ohio laws it seems.

It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.

Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.

Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.

I walked out of the DMV today, five minutes after I entered, a happy man. How often does that happen?

No comments: