Thursday, February 2, 2017

OPEN SPEECH SUB ROSA

Ace of Spades has a wonderful and insightful view into what exactly cost the left their promised Hillary. I dare say they will never understand, as the riots in Berkeley proved yet again that they learn nothing from experience or truth.
Where before the voters on the left were mostly passive receivers of Cultural Marxism, they had now become active participants via propaganda, slander, social shaming, and otherizing. This meant that conservatives were now being assaulted on two fronts, both from the institutional left and the soft left. 
Every conservative who is active on Facebook knows what I'm talking about. After decades of Americans keeping their politics mostly to themselves, suddenly our feeds were jammed up with political invective. 
It wasn't just directed at politicians. It was personal--a relentless litany of insults and abuse, first at the Tea Party and then Trump supporters. Most of it was generalized, but the message was clear. They held our kind in contempt and didn't care who knew it. In fact, they seemed to be in a contest to see who could broadcast it the loudest.
Read the whole thing. It will take all of one minute.

I turned my back on facebook the instant I set up an account. I set up the account solely to be a beacon to just one person and I'm still waiting. It's been 5 years. I never go there except to see if there are any messages from her.

I did take a look at some of the things one of my former colleagues, a man with a PhD and 50 years experience working for the government, posted before I stopped even looking at my page. He was unhinged and was happily reposting the most vile insults you can imagine about Trump, his supporters, republicans, conservatives, in short, anybody who disagreed with his worldview.  It was a stunning surprise to me because while I knew his politics I hadn't realized that they are that extreme and so filled with hate.

No comments: