Monday, October 10, 2016

A FALL OF FLAMINGOS

This tiny flock fell in upon our yard one morning before the sun came up. I bought them for my father's birthday a few years ago and when he moved to his new home my parents quietly gathered them up from the yard, stuffed them into their car and brought them to MetroParkCentralis when we got together to celebrate my father's 81st birthday last month and they arranged to have my sister get up awfully early in the morning to pose them here in the yard as a surprise for Anne Bonney on her birthday the following week.

As I understand it, they have to be rewired so they are illuminated from the inside much like the blimp that used to fly over San Diego many years ago as the sun set and still it lingered high in the sky well into the dark.

Natural Republicans coming home to roost at my home

5 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

Buck is, no doubt, smiling.

HMS Defiant said...

I'm thinking the next time a 'get out the vote' democrat comes by my house I'll register them to vote. Now I just gotta think of realistic names for them. I suppose I could ask them for their names but I don't like to take things like that on faith. I'd have to ask them for some sort of Homeland Defense approved ID.

HMS Defiant said...

....and yeah. Buck would be enjoying this election cycle.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I'm sorry I'm a day late to the 'Buck would like that' scenario...
...really miss his hockey updates.

HMS Defiant said...

Well, in that case, let me tell you all about the Red Wings... :)