Sunday, July 10, 2016

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

I stumbled over this podcast featuring two of my peeps. I also don't listen to podcasts. For some reason, as I noticed who was host and the guest it made me fall into a brief revery. That happens to us old people. Some people assume we have fallen asleep. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I wasn't up long after midnight playing cards with friends. So, there I was, in my revery, imagining Trump victorious and choosing Anne Coulter as his Secretary of State and Milo Yiannopoulos as his Secretary of Defense.

I signed up with Facebook in a somewhat vain hope that a little person I knew would be able to find me there some day while hiding her online activities from her mother. There are an awful lot of wingnuts out there and they post the damnedest things. I saw this, though, on tumblr this morning. I didn't even know what tumblr was and then I found Objectivist 1 and through him, Traditional Vibe. Give me another year or two and I'll discover snapchat and instagram.

Me, 9 years ago. I cannot abide the sound of that man.

2 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

If he comes on the radio, I switch stations or turn it off. Ditto for the TV, if for some weird reason that device is actually in use. (Rare but it does happen.)

Same for Shrillary. I cannot abide either of those two.

HMS Defiant said...

I started doing that the first time I heard him at a hotel outside the USCG Research quango when Kerry took the nomination of his party and strode forth on the stage to give us all the 3 finger salute.

I cannot abide their voices. It's a personal failing.