Friday, January 9, 2015

INDEPENDENCE

Two enormous cats gave me a sign as I was sleeping in my chair. Cats don't alert but they sometimes focus very very intensely. I saw that. It was 2 in the morning. Both of them had their gaze focused like laser beams on our neighbors garage which it took me too long to realize was open. In these parts, that's a no no.

I put my clothes on and headed next door to alert them to the fact that their garage door was open. It is 5 degrees below zero and snowing. So the question for tonight is:

how did 2 cats get me to do that?

2 comments:

Ex Bootneck said...

Having been owned by two cats I have to admit they never ceased to amaze me with their antics. I cant say I miss the fleas they often brought back with them, as well as the occasional mouse/rat from the stables. They definitely ruled the roost as far as my canines were concerned.

I put it to you that you are a decent neighbourly chap, and that is the reason why you assisted your neighbours. As for your telepathic felines; you're on your own there...

HMS Defiant said...

I was thinking in power terms. You know, ergs, dynes, joules, horsepower, kitty power.... :)