Friday, January 31, 2014

OBAMA DECLARES WAR ON CLIMATE

In a move widely expected by both his friends, the President declared war on climate today. Citing the sweeping and dramatically successful War on Poverty and the War on Drugs, Obama announced that he had just signed an Executive Order today declaring unending war on the planet's climate. He shared the sentiment of a climate scientist lobby (laboring on government stipends) who believe that Earth's climate is somehow to blame for warming or cooling the planet in excessive or inadequate ways and announced drastic quotas on CO2.

In an effort to heal the planet's atmosphere the President has announced plans to drastically increase the amount of carbon monoxide stating that, "19 out 10000000 scientist agree that this is an acceptable way to reduce free carbon.

No real scientists were asked to the Executive signing ceremony hosted in the Rose Garden today which was bathed in the shimmering glow of the Nobel Prizes of both the President and Al Gore.


As a Nobel Laureate myself, in the fine tradition of Michael Mann of Penn State*, I would have been at the ceremony but I was out shooting polar bears.

*Mann contributed something to the IPCC which body was awarded the Nobel Prize. He claimed that this made him a Nobel Laureate. I am a member of the Red Cross and contributed an ocean of blood. The Red Cross has been awarded the Nobel Prize 3 times. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

8 comments:

Buck said...

Wow. I didn't realize I was reading a Nobel laureate's musings. I'll be MUCH more respectful in future.

Anne Bonney said...

While carbon monoxide would quiet things down, I think the answer is increased production of anti-carbon. It would reduce the levels of carbon dioxide and contribute positively to the nation's work force. There are lots of places in our post-industrial cities for building anti-carbon refineries. Disclaimer: I am not a Nobel laureate - yet.

Anonymous said...

I voted once, what does that make me?

HMS Defiant said...

Drat! That means I'll have to write better in the future.

HMS Defiant said...

Lots of places. A good idea though so for you, a Pour le Merite. Don't spend the stipend all in one place.

HMS Defiant said...

Responsible.

virgil xenophon said...

You're KILLING ME with these posts--there's nothing with which to disagree!

HMS Defiant said...

You should have seen me the next day reading http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2014/jan/new-catalyst-013014.html and smacking myself in the head and saying Good Grief! They really are trying to convert CO2 to CO! Oh Bog!