Thursday, May 23, 2013

SWATting

Some people find it amusing to call the police and report a shooting or hostage incident at a celebrity's house and don't mind if they die at the hands of the Forces of Order. This is called SWATting. Here is a list from Patterico of people who have had the Assault Forces of Order dispatched to their homes as a joke:

"The roll call of the SWATted: Paris Hilton (again); Miley Cyrus (again); Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom; Anderson Cooper; Magic Johnson; Mike Rogers; Wolf Blitzer; Ted Lieu; Erik Rush; Ryan Seacrest; Russell Brand; Selena Gomez; Justin Timberlake; Rihanna; Sean Combs; Paris Hilton; Brian Krebs; Clint Eastwood; Chris Brown; the Jenners and Kardashians; Tom Cruise; Simon Cowell; Justin Bieber; Ashton Kutcher; Miley Cyrus; Aaron Walker; Erick Erickson; Mike Stack; and me.

I wonder if it will still seem funny when they assault a school because somebody thought it was amusing to send the tactical assault forces charging into an elementary school. I would have asked the Police in my neighborhood today if they had given any thought to what they would do when the call does come in to go full tactical but I think I know the answer already and I don't want my own ears to hear it confirmed. I don't think they'll sound boots and saddles and while that is happening make contact with the school principal or admin office. Nope. They'll deploy and treat every single person in the school as a confirmed killer because Beslan happened once and the people that did that are loose in our country and so are too many other killers of children. There is always hope though. That one did not get away when the box was opened.

No comments: